What is MYWiT?
MyDigitalWorkforce Work in Tech (MYWiT) incentivizes employers to hire Malaysians for digital tech and services jobs via salary and training subsidies. The incentive is funded by the Government of Malaysia to encourage employers to provide job opportunities to unemployed citizens.
What does it offer? This initiative offers 40% salary subsidy for 6 months and training incentives for in-house or external/3rd party training.
Incentives are available for companies that hire fresh graduates/ unemployed Malaysians/ retrenched employees for the following jobs:
1. Digital Tech roles in any industry
2. Digital Business Services roles in any industry.
The incentives include:
40% of Monthly salary for 6 months (maximum incentive is capped at 40% of RM6,500/month, i.e. RM2,600 per pax/month
Minimum salary requirement: RM2,000/month
Training subsidy for in-house or external/3rd party training:
In-house training (minimum 40 hours/pax) : up to RM5,000/pax
External training: up to RM8,000/pax (excluding 6% SST)
- Incorporated in Malaysia under the Companies Act 1965 or the Companies Act 2016;
- Minimum paid-up capital: RM20,000;
- Not subjected to liquidation/winding up order/dormant;
- Not a public-sector, federal, state statutory body/local authority’s (PBT) employee;
- Offering employment for a minimum of 12 months and;
- No close family/business relations to a board of director, shareholder or employee of MDEC.
- Malaysian citizen;
- No permanent employment for a minimum of 2 months/fresh graduates/retrenched employees;
- Commencement date stated in Letter of employment is any date 5th April 2021 to 31st August 2022;
- Not a close family member of a director or shareholder of the hiring company;
- Not a current/past beneficiary of any MyDigitalWorkforce Work In Tech (MYWiT) incentive in any company and;
- Not part of PenjanaKerjaya, Jamin Kerja and Penjana KPT-CAP programmes
Application & Reimbursement Process
1. Company Information including:
- SSM Certificate
2. Job information including :
- Job descriptions for the applied job roles
3. Employee details including:
- Copy of employment offer letter for a minimum duration of 12 months
- Copy of new employee MyKad
- Employees details (template provided)
- Copy of final transcript/certificate/official letter of completion from University/institution(for fresh graduate)
- Retrenchment Letter (for retrenched employee)
4. Training information
a. External training:
- External training template (provided in application form – Employee Details Excel)
- Quotation for the selected course(s)
b. In house training:
- In-house training template (provided in application form – Employee Details Excel)
- Trainer’s Profile or CV (if the trainer does not have LinkedIn profile)
5. Written declaration that all the documents and information submitted are correct and signed by the employers’ authorized signatory.
What is MYWiT?
MYWiT is an incentive programme under the Malaysian Government’s Kumpulan Wang COVID-19 to spur job creation and reduce unemployment among Malaysians.
What are MYWiT’s benefits for companies, employers, jobseekers?
MYWiT offers an opportunity for companies/employers to hire unemployed, fresh graduate and retrenched Malaysians and train them according to their needs at a subsidized salary and training cost.
MYWiT offers jobseekers the opportunity to secure a digital job with fast growing companies and get trained for in-demand digital skills.
When can the companies/employers start to claim?
Companies/employers can start claiming the training incentive upon the completion of the training and the salary incentive on a monthly basis via MDEC e-invoice system.
Can a company/employer claim on new hires that have joined the organization prior to applying the MYWiT programme?
Companies can claim for new employees who have been issued of an employment offer letter with commencement date between April 5th, 2021 until August 31st, 2022.
How long does it take to receive approval upon submission of MYWiT application form?
The application status will correspond within 35 working days after the completed MYWiT application form is submitted.
How does the reimbursement process work?
The company may file for claim for the salary incentive on a monthly basis and the training incentive is claimable after completion of (all) training by the employee. The Hiring companies are given 6 months from the Partnership agreement commencement date (last date of the Partnership agreement signed by the company) to submit their final claim.
Can I replace a participant if one resigns or gets terminated?
Companies/employers are not allowed to backfill/replace participants if they resign or get terminated. Companies/employers are required to notify MDEC and provide documentary evidence within 30 days if the participant resigns, or if employers terminate the participant from the company.
What if the company/employer is unable to meet the commitment?
Companies/employers are expected to abide by the terms and conditions of the incentive. MDEC has the right to blacklist any company that is unable to meet the programme terms and conditions.
Salary Incentive FAQ
What types of jobs are eligible for the incentive?
Any Digital Tech Roles and Digital Business Services Roles; Data Science, Cybersecurity, Games, Software Applications, Animation, Fintech, Digital Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Content Moderation, Customer Experience, Backoffice, Technical Support and Procurement.
What is the minimum salary and contractual employment duration for participants?
The minimum monthly salary is RM2,000 with a minimum of 12-month employment contract.
Can the minimum salary include allowances?
Participating companies/employers must offer basic salary + fixed allowance that is subject to min wage requirements (RM2,000).
Can I hire foreign workers?
No. The incentive is only applicable to Malaysian candidates.
Can the salary/job title/number of participants for specific positions be changed?
No. The same information is required in support of the claim and should in accordance with the MYWiT application form submitted. For any changes, the company/employer needs to submit a new application.
What happens after the 6 months of the claims are completed/fully re-imbursed by MDEC?
Employers are required to provide status report to verify the employment status of the employee under this initiative, at the end of 12 months from the commencement date of employment, including:
- latest EPF statement or
- evidence to verify the salary payment transactions of the Participating Employee (only for contract positions)
Copyright © Information from MDEC MYWiT Official Website